Monday, November 02, 2009

Ten Things I'm Thankful For


As always, here's a glimpse of ten more things I'm most definitely thankful for, a list that is always simple and ever-changing - posted in no particular order. They are just a slight few amongst the many, many blessings over the past while.

Heartfelt "thanksgiving" is something many folks forget to "render back" when blessed with sweetness, an area of life taken for granted within the multitudes. I am a very blessed woman with love surrounding me, both near and far, truly blessed beyond measure.



Certainly there is much to be thankful for every hour of every day! My own personal list grows and grows daily.

Yes, I keep a little list going and jot down all things coming to mind often, mostly as a tangible way to "see" all unfolding around me for maintaining a happiness balance, so necessary in our days when darkness falls and almost certainly has the power to blow us away in all facets of life.


Dwelling on the positive, I can still maintain my glass as "half full" rather than "half empty".

Might I suggest you grab a piece of paper right now (waving my finger at you to go...get your paper) if you haven't already tried this, and simply begin to write down up to ten things. If you're like I used to be, it was hard to come up with two or three positives on a bad day.

With practice and simplistic viewpoints, one can find ten, twenty or more in any given day. I promise that will happen to you too, if you take one leap to begin the first ten .... today.
God bless you as you jot down your ten things today!

Here's a list of ten, overdue to blog, but the memory lingers on and on for me. So Blessed! Even my weekend headache has dulled, a reason to offer plenty of thanksgiving, believe me. :)


- 1 - I'm thankful for a new school year, off to a great beginning with enthusiastic children who have become disciplined since the lazy days of summer.

We love this new geography book
"A Child's Geography" by Ann Voskamp (link on the name). This is such a nice change for us, so fun and practical in its approach to geography that even I am enjoying it all very much!


- 2- I'm thankful for the little notes passed daily between our youngest daughter and her daddy. Each evening after she prepares the coffee pot and before going to bed, she pens a note and places a blank piece of paper with pen atop nearby for her daddy to reply to her. She's saved every note her daddy has returned to her. Besides, how can he not return the lovin' when such sweetness confronts him in the wee hours each day, placing a smile on his face before he even leaves the house for work. Beautiful...

She hand sewed the little orange felt pumpkin pencil topper and glued it atop the pencil surprising him in the am with coffee and the gift to take to work. His office is abuzz with requests to see his new work pencil. (heart swelling....) We got the idea and easy directions from this "Crafty Crow"
website HERE, such a fun site for crafty ideas children are easily able to accomplish at home.



- 3 - I'm thankful for being able to get to mass for the "Feast of Christ the King" last weekend. We almost had to opt out from all the illness in the parish and became delightfully surprised to find most of the sickies remained at home. Guess some thoughtful folks got the word around about staying home when ill. Good thing as there are four chronic unwell respiratory people attending along with scores of pregnant woman, so perhaps a wee reminder might be a positive thing.


- 4 - I'm thankful for crafty artistry when the children become inspired to 'create', all loving their new craft table set up we just rearranged for them in the learning room.


- 5 - I'm thankful for birthday celebrations! Our lovely daughter celebrated her 17th birthday last month amidst our trip to Montreal. Her name means "beloved" in French, and her patron saint is St. Clare's sister, a nun whose feast day is celebrated in February.


- 6 - I'm thankful for my little rural library again. :) Two calls came in within two weeks with a stack of books from my request list awaiting me. When it rains, it pours with these personal requests. Another stack arrived last week, two big stacks with deadlines to read them. Now for a fire and a rainy day!


- 7 - I'm thankful for a mother in law who has graced and blessed us with a huge abundance of lovely knitted items. Her needles have clicked for years and years with so much love for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, always a giddy pleasure to be the lucky recipient of her handmade goodness. Here our daughter is wearing an item she made for our oldest daughter long ago, now out of the winter clothing bin once more to offer warmth for the cold season ahead.
Dear Mom B.... YOU are so appreciated for your wonderful creations, made with your loving heart and capable hands. Thank you so much for all you've made over the years, all those requests on everything from new baby layettes to sweaters, doll clothing, scarves, slippers and blankets. We love you! We think of you every time we see one of these special treasures. Hugs!


- 8 - I'm thankful for treats by way of learning lessons. Our younger two children made this rosary from marshmallows and chocolates for the feast of "Our Lady of the Rosary", a yummy delight after the family evening prayers that night. Yum! HT to Aussie Anne for the fun and delicious idea.


- 9 - I'm thankful for young children who like to make their mommy a "special" breakfast, playing and mimicking their daddy chef with fine details fit for any Queen. Lots of loving goes into their gourmet creations and I'm thrilled to be a part of their kitchen pleasure moments.


- 10 - I'm thankful for the very last grass cutting session for the year now behind us! Yes! This is a photo I snapped this summer of my husband atop his beloved John Deere tractor, his cutting machine allowing for conservation of energies for such a large task on our vast lawns. This was one of the best investments we have ever made! Truly!

NOTE; You can view more "Ten things I'm thankful for"
posts by clicking HERE for the archives.